The Alailima clan mourns a great loss! Aunty Fay was a strong woman with a vision beyond her years. The courage to follow the man of her dreams to an underdeveloped island in the middle of the South Pacific ocean and raise her family ther...e was insane. Little did Aunty know when she married my Uncle, she married the WHOLE family ( parents,all 12 siblings of her husband. and the never-ending list of uncles, aunties, & cousins). Aunty had so much love for us all, I am sorry my children didn't have a chance witness it. So glad I was able to see her last December. Love you Aunty! Ia manuia lau malaga!
Aunty Fay was on of the few women I admire! She was a great role model for us girls and I owe her so much for that! Such a tiny person in stature with a huge heart filled with love, strength, & inner ...beauty. E le toe maua le kind lea!
Our family has suffered a great loss. Aunty Fay was a rare gem in the Pacific! They left the Lafulemu plantation I want to say in late 60s/ early 70s so the kids would finish their schooling. I think na'o si tama o Birdie came back to manage Lafulemu & then much later Birdie moved to Tutuila to raise his family. E ua maliliu toa, ua maumau ai aupega o le taua!
Our family has suffered a great loss. Aunty Fay was a rare gem in the Pacific! They left the Lafulemu plantation I want to say in late 60s/ early 70s so the kids would finish their schooling. I think na'o si tama o Birdie came back to manage Lafulemu & then much later Birdie moved to Tutuila to raise his family. E ua maliliu toa, ua maumau ai aupega o le taua!
So crushed & saddened by the news but I truly do believe Aunty IS in a TRUE paradise with a grand Homecoming celebration! He has called Aunty home and has taken her into His bossom. Rest in His love for now until we are all reunited once again. Love you!