Lynne-Marie Eteuati

I am deeply saddened at the passing away of a much-loved and inspirational woman, Dr. Fay Gilkey Calkins Ala'ilima, my husband's Aunty, but "another mother" to us both.

Aunty Fay was always unfailingly positive (even under extremely difficult circumstances - I remember her and Uncle Vaiao after Cyclone Val or Ofa, which... had battered us for several days, sitting on their bed, with their feet drawn up as their bed was surrounded by water, laughing - although there was considerable damage to their home and it is not easy to start again as an elderly couple, as they then were);

energetic and hard-working; with a strong intellect, but even deeper wisdom; and a great love for her family, both immediate and extended - our family.
We will sorely miss her.
Our sincere sympathy to Aunty Fay's immediate family our darling ...Uncle Vaiao, and also to our very dear cousins Kilali, Birdie, Charlie, Fayfie, Marie and Sisi, and their families.
Sadly, I cannot get a flight to be present to say Good Bye to Fay - to be present to celebrate her life with all those who love her, but I will be there in spirit with you all.
But Kilifoti will come.
Alolofa tele atu